“PA LIVE! ICERSIZE” ABC
“A COOL WORKOUT” NBC
ICERSIZE! – Level One DVD
Copyright Icersize. All rights reserved.
The Bottom Line
- The Icersize! DVD is upbeat and fun.
- People of all ages and skating levels can do what is shown on the Icersize! DVD.
- Some skaters may feel silly practicing the skills shown alone if a group class is not available.
- There are no males participating in the Icersize! DVD, but men will also benefit from Icersize.
- Created by Valerie Palencar, a figure skating coach, professional performer, and behavioral therapist.
- Both an adult and children’s class are shown on the Icersize DVD.
- Each exercise is explained in detail.
- Only women and girls participate in the video, but boys and men could also benefit from the exercises shown.
- Endorsed by the Professional Skater’s Association
- 110 minutes
- Basic skating skills for beginning ice skaters are taught on the DVD.
- Icersize! exercises can be downloaded directly from the Icersize website without the class demonstrations.
- Some information about figure skating and purchasing skates is included on the Icersize website.
Guide Review – Review of ICERSIZE! Level 1 – An Ice Skating Exercise DVD
Icersize! is similar to an aerobics class on the ice skates. The idea was created by figure skating coach Valerie Palencar. In the Level 1 Icersize! DVD, basic ice skating techniques are put together into a fun and upbeat exercise class.The DVD begins with instruction on basic ice skating skills. Some of the skills taught include:
- How to fall amd get up on ice skates
- How to stand
- How to push
- How to skate forward
- How to do forward swizzles
- How to do forward and backward wiggles
- How to change direction and turn
- How to stop
- How to pump on a circle
After each basic ice skating skill is taught, some basic stretching exercises are demonstrated at the rail.
Then, each exercise that is part of the Icersize! class is broken down, shown, and explained.
Finally, the entire Icersize! class is demonstrated to music. An entire adult Icersize! class and an entire children’s Icersize! class are shown on the DVD. Both classes are upbeat and fun. Watching the classes may make the viewer want to put on a pair of ice skates and join in on the fun. The classes do not look exhausting, but exhilarating.
People of all ages and skating levels will benefit from the Icersize! DVD. The Icersize! exercises are fun and easy to do. Anyone who can skate forward, turn, and stop on ice skates can do them. Icersize is not just for figure skaters; hockey players, speed skaters, and casual skaters will also benefit from the Icersize! exercises. Those interested in losing weight or just staying in shape may enjoy doing aerobics on ice skates more than in a gym.
Every ice rink should consider offering an Icersize! class since exercising on ice skates is great fun.
Reviews for this section have been closed.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ICERSIZE. I am a working mommy, living in California. I have been running every other day for the past few years. I need the exercise but it gets boring. I tried Valerie Palencar’s ICERSIZE routine and found it to be just what I have been looking for. Ice skating with ICERSIZE routines has toned my muscles better and faster than other exercises. The shape of my bottom half has in (two weeks) gotten so much more sculpted =) (I actually enjoyed shopping for swim suits this year!) It is as strenuous as you want to make it. I get to hide from the pollen, antihistamines and sneezing in the ice rink, too. It is a Godsend. ICERSIZE is the next exercise craze to hit America. Expect it to be in Hollywood soon. One question, how did Valerie get so good at what she does? She’s wonderful.